Having analysed how well Walthamstow Academy meets our Equality Duties, we then identified our Equality Objectives. These are listed below, along with how we intend to meet them.
Ensure no micro-population underperforms
- Identify and share all of the micro populations in the Academy
- Examine progress towards targets for every micro-population for every year group.
- Identify all underachieving groups. Where are they not underachieving? Why?
- Provide interventions for underachievers. Publish this information for staff in a variety of ways so good
practice can be shared
- Ensure staff are trained in how to provide interventions to different groups
- Make parents aware early on that their child is underperforming and have regular updates and
- Share with parents what they can do at home to support their child
- Set up parents groups for parents of students in underperforming groups and have regular meetings
which involve teachers and tutors
Promote and celebrate diversity across the Academy
- Celebrate with more events, assemblies, evening performances
- Ensure that teaching materials contain information and activities that educate and promote differences,
leading to a greater tolerance and respect of others
- Ensure activities, in and out of the classroom, are appropriate to all religions and beliefs
- Increase awareness of religious characteristics that may offend others / that may mean offence is
- Educate staff and students about LGBT and raise awareness through assemblies, noticeboards and