At Walthamstow Academy we strive to create well rounded, confident individuals who uphold our own set of values; Respect, Empathy, Commitment, Integrity and Equality.
We uphold the core British values: democracy; the rule of law; individual liberty; and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
Accordingly, we challenge opinions or behaviours in our school that are contrary to Walthamstow Academy values and fundamental British values.
Through our provision of Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural education, we will:
- enable students to develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence;
- enable students to distinguish right from wrong and to respect the civil and criminal law of England;
- encourage students to accept responsibility for their behaviour, show initiative, and to understand how they can contribute positively to the lives of those living and working in the locality of the school and to society more widely;
- enable students to acquire a broad general knowledge of and respect for public institutions and services in England;
- promote tolerance and harmony between different cultural traditions and religions by enabling students to acquire an appreciation of and respect for their own and other cultures;
- encourage respect for other people
encourage respect for democracy and support for participation in the democratic processes, including respect for the basis on which the law is made and applied in England.